Wednesday, February 29, 2012

If my cousin is going to be my Surrogate Mother will I have to pay all those prices?

My cousin said that she would be my Surrogate Mother. But I have being looking at all the prices I would have to pay if I wanted someone outside my family. So can I do I for cheap or do I have to pay her $20,000 to $120,000, or is that just for women whose job is a Surrogate Mother?? I will pay for screening tests and necessities.If my cousin is going to be my Surrogate Mother will I have to pay all those prices?
id personally still pay her because although shes your cousin and may offer discount, shes going through huge amount of changes for you and its only fair to give her something in return. shell need maternity clothes, health care assuming youre not in the uk and having to pay private. but you should talk to her about it, ask her how much shed like for it just dont put her on the spot as she may offer a discount because youre family even if she doesnt really want to. i hope it all works out well shes doing a really lovely thing for you.
Very rarely would someone pay a high fee to their family member for being their carrier. However, you really should consider paying her something every month (at least $500) to compensate her for her time and to give something back to her for the enormous thing she's doing for you. A surrogate's job is huge. It's not like typical pregnancies, especially if it's a gestational surrogacy via IVF. There are a ton of shots, doctor appointments, time away from family and work. Above and beyond what you give your surrogate, you are responsible for everything, medical bills, travel, even parking. You can't go into a surrogacy with a mindset of getting by "on the cheap". What if there are complications? What if she misses work for bedrest? You have to pay for all of her lost time from work and all of the uncovered medical.If my cousin is going to be my Surrogate Mother will I have to pay all those prices?
For someone to be a true surrogate, you would have to use your egg and your husband's sperm. Then, the embryo would be implanted into her uterus. You would have to pay the fee for IVF, which is usually close to $15,000-$20,000. So yes, even if you don't pay her, you have to pay for the medical procedure.
You need to talk to her about it. If she just wants to do it out of the goodness of her heart then you need to pay for her medical expenses and general things that have to do with the child. If you are talking about compensation outside of that, ask her what she thinks is fair and negotiate.
You need to discuss this with her, she may be ok with you just paying her expenses and that's it, or she may want some money for herself.
You need to ask her this

No comments:

Post a Comment