Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros and Cons to Surrogate Mothers?

For science class we need to write an essay on either ART, stem cells or cloning. I have chosen ART and i want to focus on embryo transfer otherwise known as surrogates. i was wondering if anybody knows good websites or pros which may help me out with my essay.Pros and Cons to Surrogate Mothers?
BEING the surrogate mother:

Pros:

?You have the opportunity to help someone who otherwise would not be able to have children.

?You grow an attachment to the child and most likely will play a role in the child's entire life.

Cons:

?You may become too attached and it would hurt too much to give the baby up.



HAVING a surrogate mother

Pros

?No physical pain of child birth.

?No pregnant belly being in your way all the time.

?You will still be able to work.

Cons

?You won't get to experience the full pregnancy first hand

?Constant worry about what the surrogate is doing, you never know...
now i don't have a website for you but i do have a list of pros and cons:



Pros:

~No labor pain for you

~you can still work to raise money for the baby



Cons:

~The surrogate might want to keep the baby after 9 months with it

~If the surrogate has complications



etc. There are a lot more. I know there are. I even had a big list of them in my mind but as soon as I started typing I just forgot them. It's ok. I'm sure you can go to your local library and find some books about surrogate mothers. Good luck on your essay.Pros and Cons to Surrogate Mothers?
I have actually been considering doing this. I want to experience pregnancy again... tho I am not ready for another baby right now. I loved the whole thing, and being paid for it?? I would really enjoy it, especially because in the end you get to make an otherwise infertile couple very happy people. You get to give a life, whats awesomer than that?? Sorry, I couldn't find any decent sites focusing on the pros and cons of it all, but that is my input!

No comments:

Post a Comment