Friday, February 24, 2012

What are your opinions on being a surrogate mother?

I am currently in a battle within myself, because I would love to become a surrogate mother. To give the gift of life and know that the child will be taken care of. I just wanted some opinions. Thanks!What are your opinions on being a surrogate mother?
I'd do it in a second.
Consider the effect it will have on your children? What if you are very ill for months? What if you should be so unlucky as to have bad results from the pregnancy causing disability (death isn't likely, but a possibility as well). How will they react when you give the baby away?



Are you in a state that supports surrogacy? If not, who is going to protect you if the intended parents renig on their contract, die or divorce? What if they don't pay your medical bills? What if they don't pay the nursery bill? What if they fail the homestudy when they try to adopt their baby (yep, that's happened)?



What kind of health insurance do you have? Does it cover surrogacy? Will surrogacy cause your policy to be canceled?



What about your partner? Many marriages are strained during a pregnancy - how much more would it be if the baby isn't his? Most states no longer allow payments to surrogates beyond medical payments, maternity clothing or transport to medical facility - how are you going to replace your income if you are on bedrest?What are your opinions on being a surrogate mother?
I think it's a wonderful thing, when it works out. My biggest fear if it were me (on either side) personally would be the mother (or myself) changing her (my) mind.
It bothers me, I believe it interferes with God's planning. I believe if a couple can't have children of their own they should adopt. I don't believe in surrogates, egg donating, sperm donating, IF, or anything unnatural.
If anyone asked me, I'd probably do it.
good idea hoe.
  • english to arabic
  • whotel austin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment