Friday, February 24, 2012

Surrogate mother for man and his parents who want a grand child?

Would you be willing to become a Surrogate mother for a single man who lives with his parents? He and his parents want a child/grandchild, and would be raising the child with his son. Would you consider using your own eggs or use an egg donor. Would you still do it if it is illegal under state law for him to financially compensate you except expenses? Would you allow Pre-implantation methods to generate a girl, if it is a boy unlikely he will accept it? Father and his parent will have full custody and will be allowed to leave state/country. Surrogate mother for man and his parents who want a grand child?
No. I would never consider being a surrogate.



Surrogacy has been around long enough that the children have grown up and are now able to talk about their feelings and experiences. And the feedback has not been positive.



Try to imagine the feeling of being created, just to be given away like a gift to someone else. Let alone the fact that pregnancy and delivery is not without possible complications. I do not feel it is ethical to pay someone to put their health in jeopardy just so someone else can have the child of their dreams.



I think that surrogacy is one of those things where our technology has outreached our social ethics.



The single man in question needs to move out of his parents' house and get his own life in order. Then look into finding a wife and having a child the old-fashioned way.



ETA: For this situation, adoption would be as bad of an idea as surrogacy. Adoptive parents need to have their own lives in order BEFORE adopting!
No, I wouldn't be a surrogate for a man who still lives with his parents. I would consider surrogacy for my sister and her husband, if there was a need, I would even consider being a surrogate for an infertile couple or a gay couple, but not for a single man living at home. I also would not use my own eggs. The only way I would go through all the difficulties of pregnancy and childbirth (and I have two children of my own, so I know how it would be) without compensation would be for my sister. I would not allow preimplantation methods to determine the sex of the baby. It sounds like this man just wants to be able to genetically engineer his child to be all the things he wants, but isn't in a situation to be a responsible parent.Surrogate mother for man and his parents who want a grand child?
I would be a surrogate for a single man who lives with his parents, under the condition that I knew (for fact) that they were good people and would love and care for the child accordingly. I would not use my own eggs, I cold never give up a child that was chromasomally half me (unless it was for my sister and there was no other option). Unless the future parents were family I would definatly require compensation, I am not a saint. I would not allow pre-implantation methods. I would not participate in the liklihood that a child became "second best" or worse completely unwanted. And just to clear things up for some of us, surrogacy is possible without modern technology and it's been around longer than you think. Look in the bible Chapter 16 of the book of Genesis.
No, I would not give my baby away to someone who is 40 going on 12. If the guy wants a child, it should be because HE wants to be a parent - not to please Mommy and Daddy. He should also move out and be a man first. If he wants to do surrogacy or adopt, more power to him. But the situation you described sounds a bit creepy.

*ETA* Just to add, I wouldn't be a surrogate mother in the first place. While I'm not against surrogacy, I just couldn't see myself doing it. But I definitely wouldn't even consider doing it under the conditions you listed.
ok, the scary part of this whole story is that they specifically want a girl baby. If you wanted a baby bad enough to go through what is listed above, why would you not accept what you get!!!
No, No and No

No comments:

Post a Comment