Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is your view on surrogate mothers?

Have you ever been a surrogate mother? Could u be a surrogate for someone? Or have you ever had a surrogate mother?



I was watching the movie "Baby mama" %26amp; can completely see both ends of it...



The woman that longs to have a child but physically can't, so she finds someone to carry the baby for her....but on the other end, it's gotta be hard for a surrogate mother right? I mean during pregnancy you bond so much w/ the child inside of you, I'd find it very hard to go through all of that %26amp; have to part w/ the child after he/she is born....and what if you got a surrogate mother that lied to you the entire time, like the woman in the movie "Baby mama"....she wasn't pregnant @ all for the first bit of the movie, then she really did get pregnant...but it was by her boyfriend....I was just curious about those that have experienced it.What is your view on surrogate mothers?
I've been a surrogate twice. For me, it was not difficult to give back the babies, as I went into in knowing that they were not mine, that I was simply baby-sitting. Upon their birth, I felt wonderful knowing I had helped to create a family.



You have to understand how inaccurate "Baby Mama" was, simply for entertainment purposes. Much like the eccentric health food corporation boss in the movie, the surrogate mother was portrayed inaccurately, as someone doing this for the money. Surrogacy certainly has money involved, but there are not that many out there who are able to do it strictly "for the money".



Also, surrogates must be mothers before they are able to be surrogates, they must be in a stable home, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment