Friday, February 24, 2012

What was it like to be a surrogate mother?

Women who have been a surrogate, what has it been like for you? Have you been a surrogate mother for a friend or family member and if so, does the child know and have you become a godparent or are you simply a relative?



I'm wondering, because I half jokingly asked my friend if she'd be my surrogate mother, if I ever decided to have children. I'm a trans male and can't naturally get pregnant and would like a backup plan.What was it like to be a surrogate mother?
I was a intended parent via surrogacy. A close family friend was our surrogate. We tried for 6 cycles without success and decided to take a break. She went on to do a surrogacy for another family and had a very successful surrogacy. She and I discussed it in great detail for many years and after birth she said it was the best feeling she ever had knowing she created a family for someone. I have also heard from others that it can be a hard experience.I really believe it depends on how prepared you are and how much support you have. You must be in the right mindset and do it for the right reasons. It truly takes a very special person to be able to do surrogacy.Our friend was going to be Auntie for our child and my husband and I are her 2 youngest childrens' god parents. You must have a strong relationship with a ton of trust and great communication in order for it to work. I wish you all the best!! Good Luck!What was it like to be a surrogate mother?
well i saw this show on tv that showed women who were surrogates for a living and some of them were really cool about it and enjoyed the experience and were able to hand over the baby, but some were kinda sad about giving up the baby. i've thought a bout being a surrogate but idk with my busy schedule lol maybe in the future. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment