Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is it difficult to be a surrogate mother?

I have this strong desire to be a surrogate mother, not for the money but just to help people out. How hard is it to let go of the baby at the end?Is it difficult to be a surrogate mother?
For many of us who choose surrogacy (I've done it twice) we just "know" it will not be difficult for us to give the baby(s) back to his parents at birth. For me, it wasn't hard at all. It was like I was babysitting and it was time for the kidd-o to go home.



But some surrogate mothers do experience a little bit of sadness, which is natural considering all of the hormones going through the body of a woman who has just given birth! That sadness passes pretty quick.



Having completed your own family first is huge in surrogacy; if you don't want to have anymore kids, its easy to remember that at the birth.
I have never been one but I think you have to ask yourself that question. How are your feeling towards motherhood? I personally would find it extremely hard to let go of a baby I felt growing inside myself... it is a wonderful thing to do though and I am sure there should be a website with forums that you can talk to women in the same position. Good luck!Is it difficult to be a surrogate mother?
Odd - I was talkiing to a couple today who do fostering - they are looking after the most beautiful little boy. Thinking about it after, I realised that I could (have done) surrogacy provided I never saw the baby, but I couldn't foster - would kill me to give up a child I had known.
  • augsburg college
  • greek salad dressing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment