Friday, February 24, 2012

What do you think of surrogate mothers?

Lately, I've been thinking. Religiously, it seems like it would be great, but then again no. I see so many people who can't get pregnant wanting babies left and right. I don't plan to have anymore of my own unless God decides that for me (please oh please no not right now my son is only 11 months!!!). I was thinking of being a surrogate, mainly because so many women I know who can't have children asked me. What do you think?What do you think of surrogate mothers?
God bless you for considering such a wonderful gift! Of course, there are many reasons to be a surrogate and several things to consider if you believe this is something you are interested in doing.



The three main things you need to know (in my opinion) are:



--Are you finished with your family? Emotional attachment usually isn't as great as you expect... you have 10+ months to prepare for the "end". The joy and blessings you bestow when creating another family make it much easier to transition afterwards. However, if you feel you would like to have more children in your family at a later date, the separation could be much more difficult.



--What does your family, friends, and possibly your work think about this? Because you are doing this for someone else, it could be a difficult thing for others to understand. I highly recommend discussing this in depth with your family and closest friends. They are going to be the ones there through the morning sickness, swollen ankles and MOODINESS! ;o) With their undying love and support, this could be one miracle you will never be able to top...



--What do you want from this? While most surrogates do receive some sort of financial support, make sure you are doing this with an open heart and mind. This could be the most rewarding thing you ever do in your life - but at times it can be very emotionally draining, too!



If you are truly considering this, I would be happy to help answer any more questions you have. No matter what, you are an angel for just thinking about blessing someone else with the gift of a child! That is priceless!
I couldn't do it. I know I'd get too attached. It would hurt my life too much. But its really a womans choice if she wants to do it or not.What do you think of surrogate mothers?
There is nothing wrong with being a surrogate mother. This is a very sacrifical and loving thing for you to do.



Of course....invetro only though.
I think religion confuses EVERYTHING and if you just thought about it from your HEART instead of trying to figure out what GOD wants you to do, then you will find the answer.
A good friend of mine, who is also a devout Christian, became a surrogate mother for a couple who could not conceive.



It was difficult, but it gave her a lot of satisfaction in helping the couple.
I think it's a wonderful thing, and one of the most precious gifts that you can ever give anyone.
I think being a surrogate mother is a wonderful thing to do. There's legal issues and a lot of paperwork involved, but if it's something you'd like to do, you should look into it.
I believe it would be too much of an emotional tie for mother and child to break.
U are way too emotional, U would never be able to give the baby away.

No comments:

Post a Comment