Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why do children of today who have children think that their grannies are like surrogate mothers?

Because they are... the old always moan that they are left out of things - NOW YOU ARE NOT!



They always moan that they aren't part of the family structure like in Asian families - WELL NOW YOU ARE



Stop moaning for gods sake.Why do children of today who have children think that their grannies are like surrogate mothers?
Because they all came from essex and they dont know is there mum, who is there mums mum and who is there mums mum mum....so its easier to think that they are one big happy family!!!
sorry i disagree with you i am a young single mum and i do EVERYTHING for my son i haven't left his side since i found out i was pregnant my son is the most important thing in my life and i am very proud to have him not all young parents are like this some face up to their responsiblities.



and to add to lou i am from essex and i'm not like that can i just say as well just because someone is from essex doesn't make them a bad person not all the girls in essex are slappersWhy do children of today who have children think that their grannies are like surrogate mothers?
I am a 24 yr old mother of a 5 yr old and a 5 mth old... I don't think of my grannie as a surrogate mother.. I have one mother... I do think I understand what you're saying.. Most of the time it's b/c their mother is helping raise their children...Hope I understood your question
Um, why do grannies of today think of today's mothers as "children"?



Grandmothers and other relatives have always been a resource to help mothers. If you feel imposed upon, you should just tell your daughter that you can't be as available as she's assuming you'll be.
children know something we can all learn from. even when we think our child rearing days are over they begin again to our surprise, with great joy.
Heck I'm having a baby and my Mum has said she is there to support me. So far she's more excited than me, getting me stuff and putting stuff aside, and can't wait to spend time with the little one. My Dad and sister are the same. It makes me wonder if I'll ever get to see my own baby! heheh



Sometimes the grandparents just want to help out and support as much as they can, who are we to argue with their choice if they're offering?
hi i agree with you they have children take full time jobs and expect the grandparents to watch their kids

I am not a grandparent but I am a mum of two boys I never had my sons to give to someone else to bring up even when i split from their dad i worked part time school hours and took school holidays
I don't think all young mums are like that but the ones that are do so because they are children themselves and act accordingly, it's up to their parents to put them in their place.
They are like a second mother.



The definition of *nanny* means a gardian that looks after a child (usualy a female).

Today many people refer to thier grandma as nanny, hence the meaning (a second mother).



It is a good thing to have a close caring family.
Not really fair!!



Untill quite recently my mother hasn't baby-sat more then about three times.



The situation has changed slightly and she has had to help out or I wouldn't be able to work but I never take the piss out of my mum and every day when I leave for work I thank her for her help!



My daughter is my daughter and I dont treat granma as second mum.



We're not all the same or from Essex!
ye excuse u now i think this is such a disgraceful question. i had my son at 15 and to yrs later me and his daddy r his parents. his nannies{and he has 5 of them} r his nannies. i hav neva askd me ma ta do anything thatu wudn ask a friend ta do and if any one every told me my ma is my sons surrogate mother id flip. not every yung mother gives up life aftr kids
well I've found in my personal experience i got pregnant at a very young age, when my daughter was born everyone likes to make a fuss especially the grandparents. My gran goes all coochy coo over any-ones baby's imagine one born into her family wants to help take care etc etc but when i needed some help i was asking too much same goes for my mother wants to be around asked for help i was asking too much i was relying too much on her. all said and done they didn't realise their own fussing round was actually their doing cant help it mothers instinct in them. so as for grannies being surrogate mothers most of you grannies i blame you cant help the coochy coos inside of you, may i also point out older people love the smell of babies don't know why but you do maybe something like most women crave the chocolate we only need a whiff.

ive found a link of amuzing grandparent quotes and sayings hope you find it interesting and a bit of a giggle too.
They have reembraced the extended family and love you loads be honoured or learn to say no.
sounds liek you have a personal issue



some 'grannies' enjoy it

some kids take advantage



at the end of the day you need to sort out why it annoys YOU not someone else

are you going to be one of those nans kids dont like, or are you going to embrace someone that will give you unconditional love when youre old and smell of wee =)
WHY DO GRANNIES THINK THERE GRANDCHILDREN ARE THERE OWN AND TRY AND BUTT IN HERE THERE AND EVERYWERE.sO YOU KNOW LOVE ITS NOT THAT WAY ALL THE TIME I CAN SEE YOUR POINT A BIT BUT IN SOME CASES ITS THE OTHER WAY ROUND THE GRANNIES ALWAYS IN YOUR FACE TELLING YOU HOW TO BRING YOUR KIDS UP WHEN TO PUT THEM TO BED WHAT TO FEED THEM ETC THE LIST IS ENDLESS.I AM 23 WITH A 3yo SON HE HAS 2 GRAND MOTHERS AND 1 GREAT GRANDMOTHER AND THEY LOOK AFTER HIM WHEN THEY WANT TO, I NEVER ASK THEM TO AND IF THEY DO IT IS FOR NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HOURS .

No comments:

Post a Comment