Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Would you be willing to be a surrogate mother for a single man?

Would you be willing to be a surrogate mother for a single man who wants to become a father that has no legal mother? Do you expect compensation other than expenses and life and medical insurance? Would you still want to see that child on a daily/weakly basis if the father will allow it? Would you be willing to be a surrogate mother for a single man?
I think it's unethical to expect any compensation but for medical coverage while being a surrogate. I believe that's the only compensation that should be allowed.



I don't think I would ever be a surrogate. My husband doesn't like the idea of somebody else's sperm inside of me, sexually or implanted.



If i'm not the legal mother, why would I expect to see the child?
sure, i'd be willing to be a surrogate mother. (if i wasn't in a relationship myself.)



i'd expect compensation, yes. not just medical insurance and expenses- but a decent chunk of change. Nothing outrageous, but probably at least 5 grand. Because think about it. That's 9 months that I'd be carrying a child for you. And towards the end of my pregnancy - i wont be able to work a normal job. would need some kind of compensation. Would you be willing to be a surrogate mother for a single man?
depends on who the man is...it would have to be a close friend, friend of the family or family member...and no I would not want compensation...just the bills to have the baby...







and I agree with the first person somewhat....I guess I didn't think of the compensation cause I am a stay at home mom...but I guess if I did work, I would be missing work...but I wouldn't need maternity leave cause I would not be carrying for the baby...so....IDK
Sorry, but I feel that surrogacy is unethical. Surrogacy has been around long enough for the children to grow up and describe their feelings... and those feelings have not been good. Please read the blogs of the children of surrogates.



There are plenty of children, in the US and abroad, that need families.



I would always support adoption over surrogacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment