Friday, February 24, 2012

What exactly is a gestational surrogate mother?

I had a woman answer my ? on here a minute ago saying that she was a gestational surrogate mother, what exactly is that? I would have msged her myself but I couldn't due to YA acting up.



Is it like adoption? I'm rather curious now.What exactly is a gestational surrogate mother?
a gestational surrogate mother is a person who carries a baby for another couple whom are not able to have a baby on their own. a gestational surrogate mother does not use her egg, but only uses her uterus to carry the baby. the baby is not biology related to the gestational surrogate. it is nothing like adoption.
thank you!

Report Abuse

What exactly is a gestational surrogate mother?
That is a woman that carries a baby for someone else.
She is the one who is actually pregnant.
A gestational surrogate has absolutely no biological link to the child or children she carries. Embryos are created in a lab with someone else's egg and someone else's sperm and then implanted into the uterus of the woman that will be carrying the baby/babies





I don't think it is something that I could ever do, although I think it is great when someone can. No way could I carry a baby inside me for 9 months and then give it away. I would get too attached. It would still feel like my baby I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment