Friday, February 24, 2012

Using surrogate mothers for comfort, beauty, and convenience?

I recently started thinking about the idea of using surrogate mothers to bear my children. My wife is healthy and there is no reason to do this other that just to spare her discomfort, keep her figure, and gaining flexibility in the time frame to have children.



Basically, we want 3 children and we'd like them to be close to one another in age. This seems like it would be difficult health and comfort-wise for my wife. So, I started thinking what if we could hire 3 surrogate mothers so that we could spare her the difficulty of pregnancy, keep her figure, and have 3 either simultaneously or very close to one another in age.



I realize this is radical and we're VERY unlikely to do this. But just out of curiosity, I'd like to hear what people have to say about it.



I'm not religious, so I find religious aspects of this question uninteresting. Also, financially, it's uninteresting because either one can afford it, or can't.



What is your opinion about it morally, psychologically, etc.?Using surrogate mothers for comfort, beauty, and convenience?
I think it's a great idea. Why be in pain and not healthy when you can be relieved?Using surrogate mothers for comfort, beauty, and convenience?
This question coming from a man and even mentioning the word "figure" makes my blood boil and then I calm down and remember that I am not married to you and never would be.

I do, however, have an uncle like you. He also wanted to "spare" my aunt the discomfort and figure loss of a pregnancy. They are now retired and have no children.



She did, however, eventually lose her figure, as no one, man or woman can keep a youthful figure forever, gravity happens no matter if you have or do not have children.



Myself, I have birthed five children and my "figure" was better and I weighed less after the fifth than with the first.



So, beauty, and discomfort and whatever other justification that you are looking for do not exist. The only thing that I do see is a selfish control monster who cannot bear to see nature working around him, for the better or for the worse.



Now, if a woman wanted all of this, without her husbands planting the seed of her ugliness rearing itself in his head, then she should do it if she could stand the fact that another would be bearing her children and could and would want to keep that ckild after carrying it and giving birth. She would always know that another body bonded with her child by choice rather than medical need.

No comments:

Post a Comment