Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What does it take to be a surrogate mother?

My sister has tried to have a child and has had many miscarriages. The doctor told her that her womb was weak and it isn't strong enough to hold the baby in there for a whole pregnancy term. I am considering being a surrogate mother for her, but I am not sure what all it takes to do so and what the requirements are before I tell her, so I can make sure that I can do it. This is serious and I don't need any stupid jokes. Serious answers only please. Thank you!What does it take to be a surrogate mother?
I think they will do a series of blood tests first, to make sure you are healthy. They will take eggs from your sister and implant them into your uterus. You %26amp; your sis will have to go on birth control pills so that your cycles are exactly the same. After that you take care of yourself in the same way as you did when you were pregnant before.



PS - Speaking as a sister, I think it is wonderful that you willing to do this for her.
have you ever been pregnant? well i think you must have some experience of being pregnant and then you can be a surrogate...good luckWhat does it take to be a surrogate mother?
You need a healthy reproductive system and the willingness to go through a pregnancy for someone else.
Wow, I really wouldn't do it if I were you. It's gotta be incredibly hard to give up a baby that grew inside of you and if you are giving it to a relative that means you'll be around the child all the time. The physical toll is one thing but that could really tear you up inside emotionally.



I think it is noble of you to consider helping your sister like that but think really hard about it. Maybe there are other ways you can help her - like assisting her looking for an adoption.
you must be healthy and want to do everything possible to have the best pregnancy taking all your vitamins and also being able to accept all the battle scars after the flabby pouch that never goes away after gaining 40-60lbs the strechmarks you will have for life after and many other emotions that go along with being pregnant so if you are strong willed then you can do this and i think it is a great gift good luck
I think you have to be able to know that you are carrying someone else's baby and you can't get attached, they say a lot of surrogate moters end up getting attached and then there are problems, but being your sister that shouldn't be a problem, you both will have to go to the doctors and they will do the implantation.
talk about it with your doctor before you get her hopes up and just see what (if any) requirements there are to be considered a good candidate. it will probably be expensive though since implantation of embryos is around $25,000 (my friend had it done a few years ago) and i'm not totally sure how the insurance works around that since it is a voluntary thing, not a medically necessasary thing. i would just do some research and ask your own doctor and insurance provider about it before making any decisions. good luck!!
there is a lot of responsibilitys to go through to become a surrogate mother
I think that you are a great perosn to even think about this. I would do it for my sister if she couldn't carry a full term healthy pregnancy. I am not sure what all the requirement are but if you were to call your gynocologist and ask them I am sure that they may be able to point you in the right direction. When you do find out the right answers to this email me or IM me and let me know, please.
You will have to go through counseling to make sure you can handle carrying a child for nine months, then hand him over to his parents. You will need a physical, to make sure you are healthy. There will be some papers drawn up that everybody involved will have to sign. I'm not sure what the requirements are in your state, but you will probably have to be over 21. After all that, you will have to have a procedure done to become pregnant.



This is a serious decision, one you have obviously thought out. Your sister is lucky to have you. Good luck, and God bless you!
i work with a woman who has a son who's wife cannot have children so her cousin carried a baby for her (she had 2 kid's already ) she waited 15 year's for a baby and no they didn't have to have sex , they talk openly about it, would you like me to ask ? if you would like you may e- mail me
obviously your sister can produce children but not Carry them so a fertilized egg from your sister will be implanted in you you will actually be carrying your sisters child for her it will be hers in every aspect you will be lending your womb to carry it and provide nutrition for it I suggest that the both of you speak to a therapist specializing in this field so you know whats to be expected and what to look forward to if you do go ahead with this and decide this is whats best just go into with understanding that this will be your niece or nephew and by all means do it legally with a lawyer so there is no problems arising in the future and your sisters insurance may even cover the costs I wish you and your family the best what ever it is you decide to do
I think that what they do is take sperm from the father and an egg from the mother and after combining them in a lab (test tube baby) they put it into you and away you go for the next nine months. I don't think there is any actual requirements to being a surrogate mother, but you may want to draw up some sort of contract between you and your sister and brother-in-law before you go through with it. I would talk to a doctor and a lawyer before I mentioned it to your sister to see where you stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment