Monday, March 12, 2012

Finding a Surrogate mother instead of adoption?

am a gay 43 year old man. I want children but I prefer them to be of my own flesh and blood. What does it involve to find a surrogate women what does it cost? What are the implications, if any?



By the way I am gay.Finding a Surrogate mother instead of adoption?
I don't know about cost or how to find a willing body you can use to grow your progeny, but I know where you can get some great information about implications. This web site was written by the product of the type of arrangement you're seeking. Might be worth a read.



http://sonofasurrogate.tripod.com/
There are Surrogacy Agencies that can match you with a surrogate mother, however, it is quite expensive, with all the fees for the surrogate, agency, legal fees, medical procedures, cost of delivery, travels cost, etc, it's often close to $100,000. There's also a lot of risk involved. There's no guarentee that the chosen surrogate will get pregnant, and be able to carry the baby to term. Also, unless you use donor eggs instead of the surrogates, she will still legally be the childs mother at birth, and can decide not to relinquish her parental rights. I would suggest doing a lot of research.Finding a Surrogate mother instead of adoption?
On behalf of those on this website with more than two brain cells to rub together, I apologize for the rudeness. it's perfectly reasonable to want a biological chld, no matter if you're gay, straight, or whatever. You should inquire at fertility clinics, and in low income areas, and maybe with churches or in the paper. Even a website may help. I even heard of one adorable story on a talkshow where a man and woman made an agreement for him to donate sperm and for her to have her child first, and than surrogate for him. All he paid for was her medical bills the second time around. That way they could keep in touch about medical issues concerning themselves and the children. All in all, best of luck to you!
We got it, you're gay.



So you want to create a human being who will have lost his mother,(half his/her "flesh and blood") so that you can put them in daycare for 9-10 hours a day? Why? Because you didn't get something you wanted? Wow. That's really selfish.



I think women who sell their kids usually want 20-40K per kid. You asked about "implications". I've got to believe they are similar to a traditional adoptee's problems, further compounded in your case by the loss of a parent and being raised by a single gay male. Here some links to read about the ramifications of growing up adopted:



http://www.nancyverrier.com/pos.php

http://www.adoptioncrossroads.org

http://www.amfor.net/

http://www.origins-usa.org

http://www.motherhelp.info/index.htm

http://www.babyscoopera.com

http://www.bastards.org/bq/babb2.html



Adoption studies:

http://crimemagazine.com/07/adoptionfore鈥?/a>

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~adoption/to鈥?/a>

http://www.angelfire.com/or/originsnsw/w鈥?/a>



Books:

The Primal Wound by Nancy Verrier

Lost and Found: the Adoption Experience AND

Journey of the Adopted Self: A Quest for Wholeness both by Betty Jean Lifton

The Adopted Break Silence by Jean Paton

The Girls Who Went Away by Ann Fessler

Adoption: Uncharted Waters,by David Kirschner

Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self by David Brodzinsky
I don't really have any information on costs of surrogates although I know there are groups that specialize in this. What I do know is that I adopted and could not imagine loving my son more. If you truly want to be a parent you may want to think again about your reasons for wanting a child to be genetically (at least part) yours. Once they are born and you are trying to get them dressed every morning, tucking them into bed and occasionally pulling your hair out over their misbehavior you will likely find that their genetics have no bearing on how much you love or care for them. Bringing a child into your home should be about the child. Maybe you are worried that as a gay man your ability to adopt will be limited. I don't know about all states but I do know that in my state gay couples and individuals are able to and do adopt. I would try to see if you can get some information on what the situation is in your state. There are plenty of kids who need homes, especially in foster care.
this is something i have thought about actually. I am single and almost 30 and am ready to have a baby. I have friends who are stable and a gay couple who cant have children and we have talked about an arrangement to do this and co parent. I would spread the word around with your friends and you may come up with something.
sorry, but asking a woman to rent out her womb, and use her body for YOUR benefit (for a price) is tantamount to prostitution. and it's unfair to the child born from this arrangement. to be bred just to be bought and sold is reminiscent of animal breeding.



if you wish to parent, there's TONS of children in foster care, who would love a daddy...



surrogacy is an ethical nightmare.
Hun there are plenty of surrogates out there who will work with gay men. Most surrogates are paid between $25,000 %26amp; $30,000. Then you also have to pay medical bills and any other expenses. Good luck hun
i think you have to find a person who is willing and pay 10,000
I think everyone should have the right to have children as long as the child is loved and cared for. Adoption is not for everybody and each person has to do what they feel is right for them. I don't think surrogates should be payed thousands of pounds to 'rent' their womb...that's a bit dodgy,although certainly medical expenses should be payed...like IVF and such things... but surrogacy should be something you do to help someone having difficulties conceiving for whatever reasons to have the wonderful experience of being a parent.
I don't know about where to find them. But I do know that I would do it for a gay friend of mine absolutely free of charge just b/c I love him that much and b/c I know he would be a great father.

5 comments:

  1. browncathy123@gmail.com i can be your surrogate Mother or connect you to someone if interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Are you still able to connect women who are willing to become a surrogate mother? Earniemendenhalliii@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hello, I love what you are doing and completely understand how bad you want a child. I would love to carry a child for you! I'm 19 with no prior births, and for that reason I would only ask that you pay for legal services and medical expenses. I have been pregnant, sadly I had an abortion due to financial issues. I am extremely fertile, my fiancé had a vasectomy when I got pregnant. (biggest mistake I have ever made, giving up that precious life) I do not want to have kids right now, but I would love to help someone else be able to at a low cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still interested in becoming a surrogate mother? My wife and I are looking. Earniemendenhalliii@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete