Friday, March 9, 2012

How do you become a professional surrogate mother for animals?

especially for big cats or wolves? its something that i would like to do especially after seeing lots of episodes of Growing Up on Animal Planet.How do you become a professional surrogate mother for animals?
You would need a degree in wildlife biology.
When I read that title I thought you meant like give birth to them lol

Report Abuse

How do you become a professional surrogate mother for animals?
You don't. First, no legitimate organization preferentially allows humans to surrogate an animal if another animal is available. many zoos actually train other's of the same specie to be surrogates.



Second, if the need occurs a trainer or keeper will become the surrogate. Not only do these individuals know the species, they can begin the training process, not train for the wrong things, and be able to reintroduce the animal to it's conspecifics at the right time.



Third, there are not enough animals pulled from their moms to do this professionally. As somebody who hired people for one of the largest zoos in the US, anybody who approached me with your job description would be thrown out the door and kicked to the curb and every other department would agree with me. We don't want glory seekers to take care of the animals. Their idea of hard work is how much fun it would be instead of what is necessary and ideal.
just to tell you a surrogate mother is someone that has another persons baby for them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogate_m鈥?/a>

i think you want to foster the animals and you can sign up to do this for dogs and cats and such. but for wild animals you would need to have a zoology degree or something.
  • tagalog translator
  • window tinting
  • 10 comments:

    1. This is an update from last post under "Jazz Smith" I am currently in California and would love to help a family or single. I have 2 children and my oldest in the picture. If you would like to reach me contact me at jaylinn.simone@aol.com
      Jaylinn

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi, I'm 22 from Chicago Illinois and I'm interested in becoming a surrogate mother for a amazing family that can't have their own! Please feel free too email me. Chantewilliams38@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    4. we are couple from india , looking for indian surrogate mother from India only . Kindly e-mail me mmsgowda@yahoo.com. Only independent mothers can write to us . privacy protected .

      ReplyDelete
    5. we are couple from india , looking for indian surrogate mother from India only . Kindly e-mail me mmsgowda@yahoo.com. Only independent mothers can write to us . privacy protected .

      ReplyDelete
    6. I am in my 30's with 2 lovely Healthy children of my own. One is 16 + other nearly 5! I am Asian half persian+ half pakistani. I live in uk + would love to help a couple have their child by gestational surrogacy so the baby is not biologically mine. With the usual reasonable expenses. Email me preityaishaaaa@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh forgot to add my name above is Aisha not unknown!😃

      ReplyDelete
    8. Single female looking for a gestational surrogate and live in Maryland area. If you are interested please respond.
      Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Single female looking for a gestational surrogate in the United States and live in Maryland area. If you are interested please respond.
      stellaj448@gmail.com
      Thanks.

      ReplyDelete