Monday, March 12, 2012

Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother?

After having children of your own and experiencing the happiness and joys of what being a parent brings, would you ever consider giving this to someone else? Why or why not?Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother?
My oldest daughter, is unable to give birth due to medical complications at birth. Her and her husband have been married for 3 years and they both have talked to me about ME being their child's, my grandchild's surrogate mother. I love children and cannot wait to do this on November 14th when I am implanted with their potential child.
I have already looked into it. My reason is why should I let myself experience the joys of pregnancy and parenting when other people cannot. I feel selfish that God has allowed me to have children so easily. Pregnancy has been more emotional than tough on my body and I know I could do it for someone else. I am definitely considering it in the future once I have this baby and maybe one more.Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother?
After having one baby, I know that the only person in the world I could do this for is my sister. She has a condition which could lead to infertility in her future, so who knows it may even happen. It would be an enormously emotionally upheaving event, and I'm sure I'd cry my heart out over it regularly. But my love for my sister would make me see it through. There is nobody else in the world I'd do it for. I don't know how these women you hear of doing it through agencies etc manage to go through those 9 months of bonding and then have to say goodbye, but they must be extremely strong people.
I don't know If I could handle it. I know this may offend people but, I think its unnatural and I'd never do it. Same with all these fertilization processes people are doing to get pregnant and end up with like 6 kids at a time! Well, thats a little dramatic but you know. I mean I don't have a problem with people doing that stuff I just personally never would. Plus being pregnant is a time where you emotionally connect with the baby in a way NO ONE else can. I do admire the women who do though, you have to be very strong.
For someone I was very close to I probably would. I didn't love being pregnant, but I had a very easy non-complicated pregnancy and delivery. I've been through infertility, so I understand what a gift that would be to give someone. My mom said she would be my surrogate if we couldn't make our treatments work, and I think she was serious. My dad looked at her like she was totally nuts.
No. I couldn't carry a baby in my body for 40 weeks with all that entails and go through labor only to have nothing in the end. I would be heartbroken. Not to mention, babies know their mothers from the time they are in the womb. They know her voice and know her smell. I really feel that you would do a grave disservice to the child by confusing them in that way because the person they get is not who they are already used to. It just all around feels wrong to me. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
I offered to for my sister, because she was having such a hard time getting pregnant. Fertility treatments and all that, but after she quit, God stepped in and gave her the most beautiful son, the natural way.

But she would be the only person in the world I could do it for!
I did consider this at one time. My sister-in-law was unable to have children and I considered carrying one for her but I decided not to. I'm glad I made that decision. Her husband turned out to be a...sorry...can't think of the word at the moment and probably couldn't spell it if I could...one who preys on children. She later divorced him because of this.
I don't know if I could do this. I would want to do it for maybe my sisters, or my best friend if she couldn't have children. But for a complete stranger, absolutely not. My pregnancy wasn't complicated... I liked being pregnant until the end... when my back started hurting, and then you're ready for the baby to come. But I think I'd be very attached... so it may be hard.
yes!!! i was thinking about it for my sister in law after 3 miscarriages- right after i had mine she found out she was pregnant again and now she is having her baby in jan! but if she ever wanted me to i would- just as long as it was her egg- i dont know if i could do it if it was mine!
No I would not. I feel for the couples who cannot have their own, but I know I would not be able to let the baby go. I'm not against the idea, I think women who surrogate are incredible. I just know I couldn't do it.
I have thought about it.. I would consider it if I were single..

I dont think I could have my husband go through the joys and not so joyous times of pregnancy with me and then not raise the child.



I think it would be harder on him than me honestly.


Yes actually it is funny you asked this because I have wanted to be able to give others that gift forever now, but we are still in the process of expanding our family, but I am seriously concidering it in the future!!! God Bless!
Oh hell no.

Im sorry. My pregnancy was insanely complicated, and I hated being pregnant.

It wasnt a "beautiful time" as some women think it is.



But I think its very kind of any woman that would do it, %26amp;%26amp; would NEVER negatively judge them for it.
No-I couldn't imagine carrying a child and then giving them away. I'm not sure if it would be different knowing its not mine dna wise but I'm not willing to take that chance because I know how in love with my daughter I am just carrying her.
No because I think that being pregnant for nine months would make me become to emotionally and physically attached to the baby. I just wouldn't have the strength I guess I am not strong in that department.
I would but only for my sister...I can not imagine going through all of that for someone that I dont even know...but I would want my sister to experience the happiness that my girls have brought to us...
Yep.... for a close friend or family member so I knew I could see the child.



I *love* being pregnant and I would be absolutely delighted to be able to give such an amzing gift to someone who would be otherwise unable to have children.
I hated being pregnant, I don't think I'll ever do it again for myself let alone for someone else...

Before I was pregnant I am pretty sure I would've considered doing it for someone I was very close to.
I don't think i could, just because I am just the kind of person that I get attached very easily. That would be something that would be very difficult for me.
Yes I'd love to but surrogacy is illegal in most states here in Australia, unfortunately :-(
No. I don't think i could carry a chld for 9 months and give it away!
I would not. Pregnancy was too hard on my body.
  • monroe muffler
  • russian translator
  • 3 comments:

    1. Those who looking to find surrogate mother sign up in to surrogatedonors.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. If your looking for intended parents plz sign up here surrogatedonors.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete