Friday, March 9, 2012

What options are there on adoption, surrogate mother, etc and how do i get started?

My husband and I have wanted a child for 15 years so bad that it hurts every day. We can't have one ourselves, but I am unsure how to get started at anything we are not rich, but we could care well for a child.What options are there on adoption, surrogate mother, etc and how do i get started?
Well, there are many options from where you are sitting! Surrogacy is great, but it is expensive because you have to cover all of the medical bills ($$$$$)! I happen to be a huge adoption advocate (as an adoptive mother myself), so I will give you a little bit of info on adoption as a starting point! The best way to start is by finding a local agency (check with anyone you know that has adopted and follow up with the Better Business Bureau to check them out) and sit with a social worker with the agency that can help you to decide what kind of adoption would be best for you! I tried not to be biased (as I have completed one type and I am in the middle of a second type)! This is just a nutshell version, if you want more specific info, you can e-mail me!



International Adoption ($$$$ to $$$)

Pros- Lower risk than the others, Get to travel

Cons- Expensive, Takes a long time, Child is a little older (some have been living in an orphanage)



Domestic Adoption ($$$ to $$)

Pros- Typically get more info on biological parents, Can take a long time, Less expensive, No international travel required, Can get a child at birth, Moderate to low risk

Cons- Need to wait to be "picked" by a birthmom, risk that she can change her mind



Fos-Adopt ($ to -$)

Pro- Lowest to no cost, child usually has health care benefits, get monthly reimbursement for costs of raising the child, usually faster than the other routes, continued support from social worker

Cons- Increased Risk with some children, Most kids have some sort of special need, Little to no history on the child,
This site actually has some links:

http://abortionstop.com/What options are there on adoption, surrogate mother, etc and how do i get started?
The best way to start in my opinion is to contact an agency in your area, and find out when their next adoption information seminar is, and attend it. You have a world of information to learn! Start reading books on adoption now. Talk to people, join a support group. You are going to have to be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster ride, so get ready! It is however, one of the best rewards of this life! To Parent!
for more detailed information, you should go to this website:



http://www.adoption101.com/adoption_information_home.html



it is a VERY informative and detailed website on the processes of adoption and just about everything you want to know about it! I work at an adoption agency and recommend this site to all our prospective adoptive parents.
Typically international, infant and surrogate adoptions cost a lot of money. Adopting through an agency is less costly but there's usually a long waiting list for infants. If you are open to older children you would need to become a licensed foster parent (same process for adoption) During this process you will explore what type of child will be a good fit for your home. Many of these children come with a lot of problems. The likely hood of getting a younger child increases if you are willing to accept a child of a different race. Foster parents get preference when it comes to adoption but then you have to deal with the risk of having a child in your home for years only to be sent back to a home you might not find agreeable. Check with your local child welfare agency they can help answer questions about your states process.
One of the ways I know is to become a foster parent. With that of course the main goal is reunification of the child with the parents, but if the parents fail to reunify then, at least in California, the foster parents have the first option to adopt. You can state what age range of children you are willing to foster. Also check with your state adoption agency. It doesn't always cost a lot of money to adopt. And, in my state, you receive adoption assistance money every month. Good luck.
I have thought about being a surrogate. I saw there was a database by doing a google search once but I can't find it now. They try to find people close to your home so you can be a part of the process.



As far as adoption, at least here in Texas you can go to the department of family services website and browse kids who need homes and then submit a request form for kids who you might be interested in adopting. I don't think all the kids are listed though.



I have also seen ads in the papers where people are wanting to adopt with numbers people can call and speak to perspective parents or their attorneys.



There is several ways to get your message out there on wanting to adopt and so on.



I know you will need an adoption lawyer and they can be pricey. You will also have to do psychological evaluations for adoption and so on. You have to have the room ready and show your finances on how you are able to support a child.



My husband did a step parent adoption (so we have a little experience there) with my first son, and we had to go through a lot to get my husband to be able to have kids and we just had a beautiful baby. SO I know how you feel about wanting one and how badly you feel that is why we have talked about donating my eggs, surrogate, etc to help other people who can't have a baby but would be great parents!
Have you thought about foster care? A lot of those children will be up for adoption.
It wouldn't be any different, a surrogate mother costs 10,000-30,000 dollar, adoption also cost that much. Which included medical, legal and suffering.

16 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Torri and i want to be a Gestational Surrogate. I'll be 21 in a couple of months and i have wanted to do this for 4 years now. I have never been pregnant. Please let me bless you with a child.Please email me at glenn.tori@hotmail.com or call me at 813-802-6382 text works also. Have a blessed day. I would like to stay in Florida because of my family if that is no trouble to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Torri,
      I saw your post of wanting to be a surrogate mother. please are you still interested in it? Please email me on sexy20ab@gmail.com
      I am 42 and can't have children because of medical problems.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I am 42 and not able to conceive because of medical problems. I and my husband are looking to get a private surrogate mother from the UK. If you are interested, kindly email me on sexy20ab@gmail.com
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      My name is Simone and I Live in Trinidad and Tobago and willing to relocate to U.K. For a surrogacy arrangement. If this is ok with you I can be contacted via email @ nyacknunes@icloud.com

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Maria Im 25, I live in Tx, I have 3 kids, ages 7,5,and 2. I have been thinking of becoming a TS,or a GS for 2 year's now. I would love to continue with my education, Now that ive given it more though i feel it is time for me to get on board with doing this to save money for college. Im more than ready to carry a blessing for a couple to complete their family. I love kids and it would just be a awesome experience for the both of us to do this together. I would love for full contact throughout this journey willing to relocate have full contact,text,calls and attending all appointments. Daily pictures and cravings updates. This is your journey im just carrying. Feel free to contact me anytime day or night i will get back with u asap.
    Looking forward to hear from the future parents��
    Email: mnzmarrie@yahoo.com or mnzmarrie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R u still up to b a surrogate mother im looking for someone to carry for me n my boyfriend n what part if Tx r u frok

      Delete
  6. Vanita brown 21 las vegas two beautiful Daughters 4,2 full term no problems at birth
    Im more than ready to carry a blessing for a couple to complete their family. I love kids and it would just be a awesome experience for the both of us to do this together. I would love for full contact throughout this journey willing to relocate have full contact,text,calls and attending all appointments. Daily pictures and cravings updates. This is your journey im just carrying. Feel free to contact me anytime day or night i will get back with u asap.
    Looking forward to hear from the future parents��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I wanted to know were you still interested in being a surrogate? I also live here in Las Vegas. Plz contact me at ambermaycock1174@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Vanita brown 21 las vegas two beautiful Daughters 4,2 full term no problems at birth
    Im more than ready to carry a blessing for a couple to complete their family. I love kids and it would just be a awesome experience for the both of us to do this together. I would love for full contact throughout this journey willing to relocate have full contact,text,calls and attending all appointments. Daily pictures and cravings updates. This is your journey im just carrying. Feel free to contact me anytime day or night i will get back with u asap.
    Looking forward to hear from the future parents��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I'm a 18 year old mother who lives in Paris with the possibility to move to either Canada or Florida if that's where you are or closest to.
    I would like to be a gestational surrogate, thanks to my easygoing previous pregnancy and smooth birth to my healthy daughter.
    Not without compensation and contracts.
    If interested email me at parisotkaren@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my name is hailey I would like to be a surrogate mother I'm about to be 21 drug free alcohol free and dont see kids in my future I'm from new jersey if anyone is interested my email is xhailbailx2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my name is Elizabeth and due to medical reasons as well as potenial serious genetic conditions that can't be tested for. I am looking for a TS to be inseminated with donor sperm as I single. I am self employed but expense is still an issue. I have a strict budget I have to stick to also you must be in Arkansas because of my situation perferably the Little Rock area. I am open to race and ethnicity of TS, but there are a couple of requirements. You must have at least one healthy pregnancy and be raising one or more children, you need an STD test and a criminal backround check just local will be okay and a test showing you are drug free. The psychological test is something I will pay for as well as the drug test the rest you will need to get on your own. I will let you know what my budget is when you call. My phone number is 3174749371.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my name is Elizabeth and due to medical reasons as well as potenial serious genetic conditions that can't be tested for. I am looking for a TS to be inseminated with donor sperm as I single. I am self employed but expense is still an issue. I have a strict budget I have to stick to also you must be in Arkansas because of my situation perferably the Little Rock area. I am open to race and ethnicity of TS, but there are a couple of requirements. You must have at least one healthy pregnancy and be raising one or more children, you need an STD test and a criminal backround check just local will be okay and a test showing you are drug free. The psychological test is something I will pay for as well as the drug test the rest you will need to get on your own. I will let you know what my budget is when you call. My phone number is 3174749371.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear intended parents. I am an African and ready to be a sysurroga mother for intebint parents who truly need the gift of a child/children. Race, culture is not a barrier and yes i am willing to travel to help you .send a mail to blessingj66@rocketmail.con

    ReplyDelete