Friday, March 9, 2012

At what age can you agree to be a surrogate mother in Georgia USA?

I have a friend who is 20 years old %26amp; she wants to be a surrogate mother from me. Is it legal for her to do this?At what age can you agree to be a surrogate mother in Georgia USA?
I recommended to ask to your lawyer or you can go to the hospital and find some information about surrogate. I have done it before but not in Georgia.

I thought that surrogate mother still can't be legalize in law. people still debate between right or wrong to be legal. But if you did like the procedure , i thought it will be ok

If this for the first time, i suggest your friend to follow the agency and not doing by own.



here is some source that i found about surrogate laws. Hope it help
18. However, Georgia does not support surrogacy. The woman with the baby in her belly is the mother and if she changes her mind, the baby remains hers and the father then has to pay child support. Doesn't matter whose eggs are used.



I would highly recommend that you contact a lawyer who specializes in fertility law. Most states without specific laws regarding surrogacy consider paying a surrogate as an immoral action and is usually illegal. Don't know specifically about GA though.At what age can you agree to be a surrogate mother in Georgia USA?
I think it's 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment