Friday, March 9, 2012

I would like to know all the details on how to offer myself as a surrogate mother.?

I am 21years old and single. I will never have children of my own for at least the next decade or so. I am in good health and I would like to help out families who can not make babies of their own by offering myself as a surrogate. Is this possible?I would like to know all the details on how to offer myself as a surrogate mother.?
1. You are in the wrong section.



2. As far as I know, all surrogacy agencies require that you have given birth to a least one other child.



3. Surrogacy is a reprehensible and unethical medical practice that should be outlawed. Please do some research and soul-searching.



ETA:

4. To those of you who think surrogacy is such a noble thing to do, FYI babies are NOT GIFTS.

Sweaters are gifts. Babies are human beings that grow up to be adults, and their needs and feelings come before that of any childless couple.
It's possible and very admirable but don't think that just because you are carrying a baby for someone else that you won't have to deal with the grief of giving up a child. Please do some research on this subject and be prepared for the aftermath.I would like to know all the details on how to offer myself as a surrogate mother.?
based on your other question below I don't think you are in ther right place right now to be a surrogate.



You need to get your life in order first and for most.
It is possible, but why would you want to do this. I just read a story today about a guy who is affraid to date because he has no idea who he might be related to. How sad to put another human being in that position for the greed of others.



I understand the heart break a couple goes through but what about the child who has to grow up and continue living this nightmare. Is there no compassion or respect for this person?This is a person you are talking about. One day he/she will be a grown adult with many many issues, all because someone had to have a baby. And you want to give this child that gift?
I disagree with some of the replies you have received so far. I do not think it is wrong to be a surrogate if you are caring the egg and sperm of the couple with whom you are helping. I feel that is someone is willing to help a couple then that is great.
I don't think surrogacy agencies take women who have never given birth before. They want to have a better idea that you are capable of carrying a child to term.

Personally I would stay away from being a surrogate for a couple that didn't want to work through an agency.



Basically how it works (with agency, don't know about other ways) is you sign up, they do medical exams on you and also your husband if you have one, probably psych exams (at least for you) too. Then you pick a family or they pick you. Once you're matched you go through in vitro fertilization process and try to get pregnant. If you get pregnant usually you'd give birth at your local hospital and the family travels to you to get the baby.

I think most agencies hire you a lawyer and you have to sign all kinds of legal documents regarding the pregnancy and custody of the future baby, the $$$ compensation involved, etc.



But I'm pretty sure you aren't eligible because you haven't ever had a kid. They require a previous pregnancy with no complications.
I have no idea where you can look into it but i just wanted to disagree with most of the other posters.



Surrogacy is not irresponsible and selfish. It is the act of giving the gift of a child to a couple who obviously want one and can't have one on their own.

And that child will be immensely loved if brought into that sort of environment. At least it will be well wanted from before it is even born unlike babies that are frequently sadly brought into the world by teenagers after money or drug addicted parents.



There is nothing wrong with it if the sperm and egg are both belonging to the couple or maybe one of them and a donor, but using your own (as the surrogate mum) is a different story. I can see how some people would see that second scenario as wrong.



I am only 20 myself but if it ever came to it down the track where a friend was having trouble i would gladly offer up my own body to help them out. Not too sure if i could personally do it for strangers. But if you could then i say good on you.

and good luck :)
Surrogacy is never in the best interests of the child



I don't know nor do I care how you go about it but I would like to know your motivations, could $$$$ figure in there someplace, per chance
Surrogacy is a selfish act that "benefits" (on the surface, anyway) only the adults. Please reconsider.



Just because one can do something doesn't mean one should.
1) heather hit the nail on the head

2)how can you say you will never have kids in the next decade? how do you know that for sure?

3) why would you want to surrogate as a first pregancy?

4)Your so iggnorant to the fact, that the emotions you go through in a pregnancy are hard to ignore. Therefore you shouldnt do it.



Definatly money money
I think if you want to do this then that's wonderful.Honestly, i could not do it myself but i think what you want to do is very brave.Everyone has a different perspective on what life should be like whether your adopted, fostered or grow up with your biological family.I am an adoptee and i am grateful to be where i am today...Do what's right in your heart and don't let peoples judgement bother you too much.All the best
Yes, it is possible and wow you are brave! I don't think I could ever do that. Here's a website I found: http://intendedparents.com/Info/Becoming鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment