Monday, March 12, 2012

Is it immoral for a Christian woman to become a surrogate mother for a non-Christian couple?

Are there any Biblical prohibitions or church instructions regarding this? Any denomination--I'm not a Christian and am asking this to better understand how my Christian neighbors think.Is it immoral for a Christian woman to become a surrogate mother for a non-Christian couple?
no I think that would be an amazing embodiment of Christ's love for the world - to give up 9 months of your life and endure agonizing pain so that another family who couldn't have a child could have one would be a wonderful,blessed thing to do.
I do not find anything wrong in surrogacy. i think its a great thing, God goal was for us humans to reproduce and fill this earth with joy and happines and lots of children, now many people can not have children nd not by choice but for medical reasons, look at www.greendoc.net/view/35426 nd u wil c

Report Abuse

Is it immoral for a Christian woman to become a surrogate mother for a non-Christian couple?
Years ago, I once read an article regarding the whole "surrogacy" issue as a no-no all together. It was from a Christian magazine or something of that nature.

BUT, I myself, aside from that article have never heard a strong debate or something in the Bible regarding doing this or not doing this.



If I'm mistaken, anyone please feel free to enlighten me, but if this was something that a non Christian couple came to me and asked me to do, I would pray on it and see if this is something I would need to do for them.
Before test tubes and OBGYNs, you have Abraham-Sarah-Hagar (if you are not familiar with this story it is found in Gen 16 and then continues in chapter 21).



That story sure didn't end very well.



I think your question would be better asked this way....



Is it WISE for an Christian woman to become a surrogate mother for a non-Christian couple?



And I can't answer that. I can only say there is Bible evidence that surrogate mothering complicates things tremendously.



iamnotbut...I know I AM.
As long as it is done in-vitro and no adultery applies, I can't see anything wrong with it. As a matter of fact, I would view it as an expression of Christian love and compassion.



Some denominations may have prohibitions on this, but I believe that they are in the wrong.
I disagree with the whole idea of in vitro fertilization. I do not believe that God intended for a human being to be conceived in a petri dish and/or a test tube, then implanting the embryo from that petri dish into a strange woman who gets paid to allow her uterus (actually her entire body) to gestate a baby that is not her own for the next 9 months. This is merely another form of prostitution.



I think that we have become blinded as to how wrong in vitro fertilization and surrogacy actually is by allowing society, yet again, to convince us that this breakthrough in medical technology has helped "so many childless couples."



As a Christian, we believe that God has a purpose for all of us. That purpose is to glorify Him with our lives. God also has given us free will do decide how we will use our lives for His purpose. However, I think that we loose sight of who we really are as children of God and why we are here on earth, which is to serve God with our lives. Instead we loose sight of God's purpose for us and we begin to look to the things in life that we want, making decisions that we feel are best for us, thus,

serving our own purposes and not God's. There's that "free will" thing in a nutshell.



Christianity is not about being unhappy, no fun allowed, no laughter, or continuing to sacrifice the things we want or desire out of life, as long as those things glorify God once those desires are met. Not all of us were created to become Mother Theresa. Only Mother Theresa was created to be Mother Theresa. We are all one-of-a-kind and God asks us to come to Him, through His Son, Jesus Christ when we need or want something in our lives.



So back to the surrogate mother...And this where Christian faith plays a very large roll in trusting God: If a Christian couple is unable to conceive a baby, then God wants them to turn to Him in prayer and ask Him for that baby. Perhaps, God has something else in mind for this couple other than having "their own" baby. God may have a little boy, who needs to be adopted, already picked out just for this couple. God is waiting for the right time to present this little boy to the childless couple. But, the couple got tired of waiting for an answer from God, and took the matter into their own hands deciding to conceive their own baby in vitro. When God decides the time is right to present the couple with the little boy that God has chosen for them to raise as their own son, the couple now says "no" to God because we have decided not to wait for You and we have our own child now.



I could go on, I'll stop now since I think I've made a somewhat clear point of view from a Christian perspective...
I don't think it would be something a Christian should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment