Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Surrogate mother in exchange for medical procedure?

I've always had very large breasts and now that I'm pregnant they are getting larger. My doctor is urging me to consider a breast reduction, I mean weighting just over 130lbs now and being 13 weeks pregnant, I'm packing with a dd to ddd. They're just too big and heavy. It is back breaking. I don't have insurance and I can't afford to pay for the procedure. I have always wanted to be a surrogate mother. Would it be possible to surrogate someone's child in exchange for the cost of a breast reduction procedure? I mean, that is legal? And is it likely?Surrogate mother in exchange for medical procedure?
Typically a surrogate mother receives "living expenses" the amount is predetermined in a contract before you get started. The average fees are now around $20k. You could also look into egg donation, typical fees are around $5k. Egg donations are a pretty short process and your breasts probably won't grow even larger during that. Both are very rewarding experiences, just be sure you do you research before deciding. Both have their risks. I highly doubt any lawyer would state you are carrying for a couple in exchange for them to pay for a medical procdeure but it could be for a set fee that would cover your surgery.
You could do that I guess, I don't know what would be illegal.



You really should get insurance, especially with a baby on the way!Surrogate mother in exchange for medical procedure?
Yes, surrogacy is legal in most states. And yes, there is money involved, more than enough for your surgery. (I plan to get a tummy tuck after this final surrogacy I am doing now.)



The way you would want to approach this is to find out how much the surgery costs, and then ask for that amount (or a little more) as your compensation.



The intended parents would need to pay for an insurance policy for you to be their surrogate.



Totally legal and likely scenario. (And totally ethical too ) :)
Have you thought about applying for medicaid? I don't know your financial situation, but if you are eligible, and your doctor says it's necessary, they might pay for it. They paid for my friend to have a sleep study and she found out that she has narcolepsy and they paid for a machine to make her breath right at night, so they might pay for your surgery, too. Doesn't hurt to check.
Hi, I have graves disease and so can't have kids. I have been looking into surrogacy as I really would like to have a child. I have heard that you can't pay money, but I suppose paying for surgery could be considered a gift in exchange?
You can probably be a surrogate mother for money?

i dont really know the laws on that type of thing to be honest!

But if you were a surrogate mother, you wiull find it so difficult to give the baby up, even though it isnt really yours, and your boobs would get big again?

Breastfeeding your child too, having a breast reduction during all that probably isnt the best idea. Unless you wait 5years!!

Olivia x
No, not a good idea. Surrogacy isn't legal in most states and in those that it is, it is extremely regulated.



If your doc is urging you to get a breast reduction for health and medical reasons, your insurance will pay for it! :) That's a MUCH better plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment