Saturday, March 3, 2012

How do you become a surrogate mother for wild animals(cats)

I have always wanted to do this when I got older. And also Can you make it your career? Do you get paid to do it. For example if you are a surrogate mother to an animal that is going to the zoo once it's old enough would you get paid to do that as your job? I am really interested in doing this for my career and I don't know how to go about getting a start at it. How do you become a surrogate mother for wild animals(cats)
Zoology is a start. I would also look into the local Zoo's, they sometimes have programs that teach young people how to care for wild animals. You can also check with local wildlife shelters, they often have volunteer information, and you can volunteer there. Basically I would find places that let you work with the animals. Also, consider becoming a Vet. Then, you can treat them for illnesses, guarantee you get paid and you will know every wild cat in rehab in the area. Plus you could work with the local zoos as well, maybe even help to relocate some of the animals.



Local to me there is a wildlife shelter, exotic cat breeding compound and several zoos. I would try any of those places. I knew a couple of people who started in volunteer work at the closest zoo and went on to do other things, but they at least has a chance to learn and work with the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment