Saturday, March 3, 2012

How does one go about being a surrogate mother for someone?

I am *considering* becoming a surrogate for my sister, who has been desperately trying to have a baby for 8 years. IVF has not worked. Does anyone know the details? Who pays for the health care during pregnancy? What are the legal implications?

Thanks!How does one go about being a surrogate mother for someone?
What a wonderful gift that would be!



I do not know much but have a contact here who is a surrogate. Hopefully she will chime in.



As for the heath care, I believe that if your carrier does not pay then it would be your sister who pays.



Check out fertilethoughts.com. There is a section there for surrogates. I am sure the wonderful women there could help you with any question.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment